Design of Fluid Power ComponentsCopyright: © ifas
In this lecture the design and construction of hydraulic pumps, motors and valves is discussed. Also a focus is put on the operating behavior and the regulation. The theoretical basics are complemented by practical applications.
All necessary documents will be made available to the students during the lecture.
The lecture addresses students (mechanical engineering, Bachelor or Master) and scientists interested in the design and construction of hydraulic pumps, motors and valves.
Language of the lecture: German
- Fundamentals of Fluid Power
The lecture is divided into the two topics "Pumps and Motors" and "Valves". The instructors Dr. Gerd Scheffel (topic: Valves) and Dr. Stefan Gels (topic: Pumps and Motors) discuss both topics in detail in their lectures. Highlight of the course will be two excursions to companies of the hydraulic sector.
- Engine, control unit and operating behavior of pumps and motors
- Tribological contacts
- Systematics of valves, interconnections of valves
- Hydraulic linear drives
The course is offered as a block course in the winter semester.
- 02.11.2021, 14-14:30 (Online).
Lecture and Exercise:
- Tue, 11/16/2021: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thu, 18.11.2021: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p. m.
Excursion under reserve in January 2022.
Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Kfm. Stefan Gels
Managing director Hydraulische Antriebstechnik P&G GmbH, Altena
Dr.-Ing. Gerd Scheffel
Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Parker Hannifin Holding GmbH