- +49 241 80 47731
- Send Email
The disc-disc tribometer is used to determine friction values between different materials, surface structures and fluids. The relatively simple sample geometry makes it possible to test many material parameters relatively quickly and inexpensively before real pump components have to be manufactured.
Tribological contact is tested in a temperature-controlled oil bath with a volume of about one liter. This means that many different fluids can be tested quickly. The tribometer is isolated from the outside by means of a water-free compressed air atmosphere and an activated carbon filter.
Furthermore, the tribometer has three inductive distance sensors to measure the gap height during operation.
As results, strike curves, seizure load test, run-in tests as well as start-stop cycles can be generated.
Mean friction diameter: 65 mm
- Friction track width: 5 mm
- Friction surface area: 1021 mm²
- Usual surface pressure: 30 MPa
- Maximum surface pressure: 100 MPa
- Friction range: µ 0 - 0.5
- Friction speed: 0 - 20 m/s
- Release torque of the safety clutch: 100 Nm
- Special feature: temperature control by water pocket, isolated atmosphere, online gap height measurement